[BC] Antenna Question

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Tue May 13 15:47:16 CDT 2008

Of course the bird diverters can't be aviation orange because this
causes erectile dysfunction for the Piping Plover.

One also has to protect the beavers from being emotionally
disturbed because no matter how hard they gnaw, the
towers don't come down.

Then there's the eel. They sense the electricity and stop
doing whatever eels do. This is important if your towers
are near a river.

Last, not not least, flashing tower lights induce epileptic
convulsions in loons as well as some town officials. In the
case of the officials, some well placed financial incentives
have been know to affect a cure --not for the loons, though.

Contrary to popular belief, pilots actually like towers. That's
how we find airports. They are always near airports, especially
the ones that haven't been converted to condos or drag-strips
yet. Once they become condos, you can't put a tower
anywhere in sight. The owners and renters will use the
excuses previously stated to prevent their construction.

Omaha's Eppley Airfield is an example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Omaha_skyline.jpg

--
Cheers,