[BC] OT, anyone with UVerse yet?

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Mon May 12 19:58:18 CDT 2008

    I have to make a decision on how I waste my time with television. I
currently am using Comcast Basic +, along with their Internet, and use
Vonage for phone service. I have 3 Panasonic DVR's that work very well.
The Panasonics lock onto the VITs of a particular educational signal,
and give me a TV Guide. Works very well. my wife and I love the DVR.

    But, come Feb, that VITs signal disappears, and, anytime now,
Comcast will convert my neighborhood to all digital. This obsoletes my
Panasonics. No working DVR's.

    So I'm looking at alternatives, and one of them is the new ATT
Uverse. The pricing is on par with everyone else, but, I just wonder.
ATT is a telephone company, and they have not been in the cable business.

So the big question is, has anyone fired up with Uverse yet? I heard one
person state that they saw significant pixelation on a sports feeds. I
was also told that the fiber node to home copper pipe is a 66 mb/s,
which is divided by your 4 or 6 TV signals and your Internet feed.

    Just curious if anyone has a real life experience with Uverse yet.

    And I thank you

    Tom Bosscher