[BC] Digital converters remote question

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Mon May 12 19:13:52 CDT 2008

So.. anyone have some recomendations with the $50 converter boxes? Good
or bad, after some time living with same?

I know it may be desirable to get one with analog pass through.

What about the remote - and the audio - does the converter's remote,
control the volume? None of the specs I've seen mention this; can't try
it at the store of course, that would be too logical.

Ideally, I'd like to hook the antenna to the box.. the box to the TV..
and once I turn on the box, have just one remote control in my hand.

Leave the TV on 3 or 4 and use the box remote to run the volume up and
down, when decoding a digital signal.

OR ??? feed the box output to the RCA Composite jacks? and still control
the volume with the box remote, when using the box.

--
mwe

    ) )
   ( (
    ) ) You will be assimilated..oooh, coffee!!
  |****|
( |    |
  |____|mearle at mearle.com