[BC] Antenna Question

tpt at literock93r.com tpt at literock93r.com
Mon May 12 17:41:37 CDT 2008

Just about ten years ago we were getting ready to build a new FM, we
planned on using a short (under 200 ft) tower.  Sent routine notice to
FAA, they initially were going to refuse permission for ANY structure
at our site because of a little grass-strip airport 600 feet below,
and about a mile or so away from our site.

A little negotiation and we got it to 200 feet with a lighted tower.
But, yes, they can and will pay attention to the smaller airports,
especially if someone (as was apparently the case here) raises a fuss.