[BC] Antenna Question

Chuck Lakaytis chuck at akpb.org
Mon May 12 12:14:17 CDT 2008

We had a set of those on the guy cables on the 400 foot stick at
KBRW-AM, Barrow, Alaska.  (The northernmost broadcast station in the
U.S. and perhaps the North American continent.  They were there
because the road 1,000 feet away was frequently used by small
aircraft to fly east in bad weather to another community.

One winter of Arctic winds and temperatures reduced them to orange
shards all over the tundra.

The FAA recognized the problem and let us not replace them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Trueblood" <kevin at neptuneradio.net>

--
Chuck Lakaytis
Director of Engineering