[BC] Ethics

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Sun May 11 23:35:34 CDT 2008

At 12:50 PM 5/5/2008, Dana  Puopolo, wrote
>This comes from Pappas Telecasting a TV/radio company. If you have ever met
>Harry Pappas (I have), you know he is a tough businessman who means what he
>says. Though I don't agree with everything he does or says, I have the utmost
>respect for him.
>
>Maybe it's time for more companies to do what his (very successfull) company
>strives to do every day. See, you can make money and serve the public intrest
>at the same time!

The largest privately-held commercial broadcast operator in the U.S.,
Pappas Telecasting Inc., filed for Chapter 11 Saturday with plans to
sell its 30 TV stations under bankruptcy court protection.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/pappas-telecasting-files-bankruptcy-blames/story.aspx?guid=%7BBD3264A3%2D7A33%2D4F4C%2DA513%2DC5E210DC5C28%7D&dist=msr_1