[BC] Antenna Question

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sun May 11 22:02:34 CDT 2008

Way down at the bottom, 73.525 says:

" (4) The maximum permissible effective radiated power (ERP) and antenna
height may be adjusted for vertical polarity as follows:

(i) If the applicant chooses to use vertically polarized transmissions
only, the maximum permissible vertically polarized ERP will be the
maximum horizontally polarized ERP permissible at the same proposed
antenna height, calculated without the adjustment for television
receiving antenna directivity specified in paragraph (e)(1)(iii) of this
section, multiplied by either: 40 if the predicted interference area
lies entirely outside the limits of a city of 50,000 persons or more; or
10 if it does not."