[BC] Antenna Question

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:03:52 CDT 2008

On 5/11/08, Paul B. Walker, Jr. <walkerbroadcasting at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this antenna http://virtual-comm.com/ants/phazor.html certified for use
> by LPFM or Full Power NCE & Commercial FM's in the USA? An LPFM along
> Florida's East Coast is using it even though they are authorized for a
> Shively 6812B antenna and not the Norwalk "Phazor".
>

> Paul Walker

I believe you can use any kind of antenna that you can document the
performance of. What is of more concern to me is that they are using an
antenna which they are not AUTHORIZED for on their LICENSE. You don't
mention how many bays of the Shively antenna they are authorized for. LPFM's
are licensed for 100 watts ERP. They may be exceeding that with this
antenna, unless they've cut back on their TPO as well.

--
Jerry Mathis