[BC] ANI Faking

Craig Healy craig.healy at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 09:48:58 CDT 2008

> The other issue is that if they are outside the US, they are beyond
> the reach of US law.  This is done frequently today, and with VoIP,
> it is only going to get worse as the costs are so low.

One thing that a client of mine requested is a router to block all IP
addresses from China.  I Googled that, and it apparently can be done.
Perhaps as outside North America based calling and hacking becomes more
pronounced, this will become more common. Right now I'm working with a
salesperson at a router manufacturer to see if this is easily done.

Given the recent explosion of web site hacking and other internet attacks,
blocking wide ranges of IP addresses may not be a bad idea.  That would also
stop some of the VoIP telemarketing calls, especially if there was a
one-click way to add an address to a blocking list.

Has anyone had to block large blocks of IP addresses?  If so, how did you do
it?

Craig Healy
Providence, RI