[BC] Continental 314R-1 Trouble

Stevan A. White w5saw at pathwayz.com
Sat May 10 17:12:16 CDT 2008

OK, so I don't have the same finesse as Tom O.  It was intended to be a
JOKE.  When the 314R-1's work they sound pretty darn good.  I have had a
turn working on them and, like everyone else, agree that the motherboard
was problematic.  Because of that, and a lack of certain parts, it's
probably better to buy a new(er) transmitter if you can.  There are some
folks who have the patience and desire to restore these old
transmitters.  My friend (and one of my mentors) Jack Sellmeyer would be
disappointed to hear me say so but I openly admit, I am not one of
them.  Best wishes to all.

Best Regards,
Stevan A. White, W5SAW