[BC] AVG "Free"

Kirk Harnack kharnack at gmail.com
Fri May 9 20:17:37 CDT 2008

Al replied:

> Tools/Advanced Settings/Email Scanner
>
> Al
>
> ------ At 03:26 PM 05/09/2008 -0700, Kirk Harnack wrote: -------
>
> >In AVG 7.x, you could turn off the "Checked by AVG" notice that's
> appended
> >to each e-mail.  In 8.0, I cannot find where to turn this off.  Yes,
> you can
> >turn off the scanning.  Yes, you can change or delete your own text
> that is
> >added, or the default which is "No virus found in this incoming
> message."
> >
> >But I cannot find where to turn off the appendage altogether.

Thanks, Al.

I had previously looked there and didn't find it.  I see it now.  You have
to click on Email Scanner and not one of the sub-categories.  (I think
clicking on one of the other categories admonishes you for not clicking on a
sub-category, which is why I didn't try the main Email Scanner category.)

Best!

Kirk