[BC] Female engineers

Kim Sacks radioctrldwife at gmail.com
Fri May 9 17:48:12 CDT 2008

No one has heard of me, I'm still a broadcast newbie, but I have 5
years under my belt so far.

I've yet to meet another female broadcast engineer face to face, I'm
sure I will one day. Since were on the subject... During an interview
for a job (not broadcast centric, electronics related) the fact that
I had a ham license was a big plus, but there was concern if the
"guys in engineering" would be "comfortable" with me as part of their
crew, and vice vesa. I responded by saying "I work with boradcast
engineers. I've heard every knob, shaft, screw, and rack joke you can
think of. I think I'll be just fine." Unfortunately, I never heard
back from them. I guess I was to confrontational.

-Kim