[BC] Fallout from Unattended Operation

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Fri May 9 16:54:29 CDT 2008

------ At 08:12 AM 5/8/2008, Jim Seaman wrote: -------

>Interesting. In my 30+ years in this business I can't say I need all
>the fingers on one hand to count the number of female radio
>engineers I've heard of. Fewer yet for those I've had the pleasure
>to meet. It's a very small group of women in radio. The old
>Westinghouse stations used to be unusually progressive that way.
>I've encountered a few more here in TV, but unfortunately women
>broadcast engineers continue to be a curiosity.

I can tell you the shocking and tragic cancellation of Brini Maxwell
doesn't bode well for real or imagined women in broadcasting. It's a drag.

I've encountered and hired a number of women, only one as an
engineer. There are many female board ops and will be until all
humans are removed from the industry. I'm betting that'll be around
this date in 2010.

Rich