[BC] X-Digital question

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Thu May 8 21:05:34 CDT 2008

Waitt Radio uses the SG3, AND an Internet connection.  The Internet
connection is to their automation system, Storq.

The thing works great.  For satellite system failures it falls back
to the Internet, and if it didn't tell you, you'd never know, which
does make me wonder why the use the satellite at all.  Of course,
they are a bit different from other music formats from other
providers in that the music is on the Storq, so it isn't transmitted
on the bird.  They essentially voice track all of their stations for
each station.  By the way, it sounds great.

Westwood One (or as Mel Karmazin called it at one point, Westwood One
and Five-Eighths after watching it fall from $40/share) also has a
new receiver in the works.  I don't have a clue what it is, but it
will also need a connection to the Internet.

--chip