[BC] (no subject)

Rodger Hough k1hh at naples.net
Wed May 7 20:51:59 CDT 2008

Hello all:

I'm a new subscriber to this list, but not new to broadcast
engineeing. My career dates to 1959, got my first phone when I was 17
and my first CE job at 18 at a whopping Class IV 250 watter. Paid my
dues and ended up solo contract engineer for a 50 KW, 9 tower array.
I've built recording studios and remote trucks and non linear editing
facilities. I am retired now and I didn't get a gold watch.

Here's my problem. Late in life I have become a HAM radio operatpr
and you know what? I like AM best.

I want. I NEED. I want and need an older one KW or less AM
transmitter for conversion to the 160 and 80 meter ham bands. I'd
like a Gates, RCA, Bauer, McMartin, yes, even a lovely Collins rig to
grace my garage, which in the summer will have the same amount of
heat that some of those tin roofed dog houses had. There were plenty
of brands and there have to be a few left out there in secondary
backup status or needing some repair.

If you have any leads, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks to all,

Rodger Hough
k1hh at naples.net
Naples, FL