[BC] Moseley Starlink SL9003Q Interference Fix

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Wed May 7 20:09:15 CDT 2008

Dan Kelley wrote:
 >I went through that with a 9003Q too. When conditions were
 >perfect, it sounded great. When the wind was blowing, it was
 >unusable.

    You need a good tower person to go up the tower and tug and pull on
everything on the tower, especially anything near any antenna spitting
out RF. A huge offender are the stainless steel pulling harness's used
to haul Heilax up a tower. Almost always they are left in place. I have
had tower climbers look at these right next to a 20 kw antenna input
array and pull 1" arcs. Have the tower person pull all of these of the
tower and cut off any left over chain links that are used to clamp in
any antennas. Anything loose has to go. Even a hard line connector that
is not taped and held securely, banging against the tower in the wind
can cause problems.

tom bosscher