[BC] Re: FeedHorn Bug Covers

DL-Little at wiu.edu DL-Little at wiu.edu
Wed May 7 12:22:11 CDT 2008

We're in the corn/rust belt and get frozen precip in the winters.  Would the screening accumulate ice and snow during our winters?  One of my dishes is an off-set with heated reflector and I've had freezing rain block the feed horn cover on it.

In the summer I've had wasp nests in a couple of the prime feed dishes.  My boss won't buy wasp spray.  I found WD-40 (it was the only spray I had) will knock the wasp down but not kill them.  My size 10's finish the job fairly well.

Don Little
UHDS Electronic Tech
Western Illinois University