[BC] XP SP3?

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Wed May 7 10:43:34 CDT 2008

>>My computer has started nagging me to install XP Service Pack 3.  Anyone
have any stories to tell -- pro or con -- regarding this "enhancement"?<<

I'm already hearing tales from inside our company that it may blow up some older computers.  One of our IT people has one that, with SP3 installed, is stuck in a continuous reboot cycle.  Can't even start it in safe mode.

My philosophy is:  Let others be the guinea pigs.  We have too many mission-critical apps that we can't live without.  We're also waiting for official OKs from outfits like Digidesign (Pro Tools) and Adobe before we start deployment.  We're using a WSUS server, and XP/SP3 will remain "not approved" for the foreseeable future.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF
WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM