[BC] Phone System & VOIP Question - A second question.

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Tue May 6 19:14:48 CDT 2008

Check out MagicJack.com.  $40.00 bucks for the first year and $20.00
for every year there after.

It's a module that plugs into a USB input on your computer and
supplies battery and dialtone to your existing analog phone.

You get FREE long distance and toll calls, as well as local, anywhere
in the US and Canada.

They also have low cost plans for calling overseas.

The only problem that I had is when I was activating it they assigned
a phone number for a town in the same area code about 100 miles away.
I had to "chat" with their tech morons four times and finally got a
supervisor to assign a local number so that I could receive local
calls here without people from here having to call me LD thru that
distant exchange.  They don't have a phone number to call so you have
to do it all on line.

Also for it to work you need to have your computer on all the time and
connected to the internet, which is my normal case with Comcast
wideband.

I'm kinda surprised that no one on the list hasn't mentioned it before
I did.

Ron D