[BC] Why is it this way?

Linc c310driver at lincster.com
Tue May 6 21:22:29 CDT 2008

I've heard that it's IBM's fault that I can't have the hyphen in my name on
an airline ticket, and you can't have apostrophe in your name if it'
O'Something.  And that bugs me, it's my legal name, it appears that way on
some documents, like my Passport and Driver's license (although I had to
threaten one state with legal action in order to have it).

And why, when I go to a drop down window for an alphabetic search, dose the
word starting with the search letter appear at the bottom of the list, with
all the items beginning with the previous letter, which I don't care about,
visible above.

That really drives me nuts, is that an IBMism, too?  Sort of a millennium
bug type legacy?

I know hyphens caused VT100's to work in certain ways, the hyphen was to go
to the next block (I think).  But VT100's have been obsolete for years (I
hope).

Maybe Richard B.can shed some light on the whys and wherefores?

Or maybe I should get a job writing for Andy Rooney. (In fact when I edited
this my mind was reading it in Andy Rooney's voice).

Linc