[BC] Re: FeedHorn Bug Covers

Chuck Leavens chuck at wduq.org
Tue May 6 18:53:28 CDT 2008

Ohhh and I almost forgot- My favorite is the Maxwell House can lid.
Fits nice and snug. On some feeds that I have used.

On May 6, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Bill Allen Jr wrote:

> what is the attenuation of tyvek or the one that
> bothers me the most - the styrofoam plug!
>
> plastic like the ziploc bag and sandwhich wrap seem to
> be minimal and have no effect.
>
> but do the other attenuate the signal any?

If it does not get hot in a microwave oven then I wouldn't worry about
it. There's your test. No heat OK. Heat at all? fuggedaboudit.

Chuck Leavens
Dir. of Engineering and I.T.
WDUQ Duquesne University
Pittsburgh PA 15219