[BC] Phone System & VOIP Question

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Mon May 5 13:13:01 CDT 2008

Not always the case.  Some equipment, older Telos in particular,
requires some copper....as in a couple K ft.  The algorithm doesn't
factor in such short pieces of wire.  I tried it once and sure
enough, the unit would not null correctly.  The locally generated
house line sounded terrible while the CO based studio lines sounded
fine on the air.  The in-house line worked fine with a standard phone.

I would tread this bridge very carefully as you don't want to 100%
commit to something which may or may not work
satisfactorily.  Especially with some devices which may generate the
ring voltage and battery, but sure won't look like a CO otherwise on
the other end.

Been there, done that

MM

At 02:37 AM 5/5/2008 -0400, Dana  Puopolo wrote