[BC] it's engineers...

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Mon May 5 13:23:57 CDT 2008

 > Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:49:08 -0500
 >  From: "patrick roberts"

 >  Radio is going to wake up one morning and find most of the engineering
 >  talent pool has:
 >
 >  A. Retired out
 >
 >  B. Found another profession because they got tired of the crap or got fired
 >  and decided to get something STABLE
 >
 >  C. Went to being a consultant and will do the work for LOTS of money (when
 >  there aren't enough people to get the job done the poor contract guys will
 >  finally get some respect)
 >
 >  I hope the suits enjoy what's coming to them.  As usual they are doing
 >  nothing to stop the problem at this point.  They'll wait until it's a
crisis
 >  and wonder why they can't get any new people into broadcast engineering...

Patrick:

I hope for the sake of our business that you are wrong. However, I tend to
tink along similar lines as you.

BTW if you tan think of something that would be more stable in the way of a
career, please let us know :-)  I have not been able to come up with much,
given the state of our economy. I think most people are going to hang
on to what
they have unless their situation forces them to do othrwise.

The state of radio and a lot of other businesses is truly sad. Only thing
worse would be if I were working for one of the airlines.

Jeff Glass, BSEE CSRE
Chief Engineer
WNIU WNIJ
Northern Illinois University