[BC] Radio soaps/dramas

Steve Newman shnewman at alaweb.com
Sun May 4 21:18:44 CDT 2008

Now this is when I wanted to be in radio but I was born too late. (Poni
Tails - 1957?)
In 1968 when we were tearing down the old NBC West studios and re-designing
them for TV (Kaiser Broadcasting) I could feel the ghosts of radio's past.
Studio A
was the home to so many of the old radio folk. As a matter of fact I had the
pleasure
of shaking Jack Benny's hand when he was in town appearing on one of the
programs
we aired. I'm sure those were magic times for the industry. The NBC studios
at 420
Taylor in San Francisco were built like bunkers. Floating floors and all. I
don't want
to upset those who dislike those of us who think back so I'll leave it at
that. :)

Steve