[BC] It's not just Engineers....

Alan Kline akline at netins.net
Sat May 3 13:04:29 CDT 2008

I agree completely. One of our youngest MCR operators just left the
company to move to Wyoming and work for Dish Network in their NOC. He
mentioned that the pay is quite a bit higher than what he was making here.

My mother-in-law asked me if I had ever considered doing the same. I had
  one of those "are you kidding me?" looks on my face. (Fortunately, she
was on the phone and couldn't see it...) No, I hadn't. This is not the
time to be putting our house on the market, moving cross-country for us
would be prohibitively expensive, I just don't think it's worth it. A
good, stable situation is valuable these days...

The guy who left is young enough to be my son; he's single, I'm not.
When I was his age, I would have considered it. Not now. Too many
responsibilities to just pick up and move.

ak