[BC] Need some cellphone interface opinions......

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Sat May 3 12:08:59 CDT 2008

.......based upon experience.

I have a potential client who does live on-the-spot wildlife reporting to
two different stations from "out in the boondocks". He uses a Treo700, and
wants a mic/headset that does good/excellent noise cancellation. I suspect
also that the "better sound" that he's looking for really means that he's
missing some of the bottom end. That's what I hear when listening to his
remotes.

I don't have all the background (yet) but he's tried a flipjack, but whoever
he had doing the setup and interface work couldn't get it to work out well.
This is something I'm going to re-visit to see just what wasn't
satisfactory.

Any opinions are certainly welcome.

A brief search led me to this gadget, which from the sales marketing sounds
fine. Any of you have experience with this?

http://store.treocentral.com/jawbone-noise-shield-bluetooth-headset/11A31A1931A.htm

Or anything similar?

Thanks for any and all replies... to the list or offline is fine.

Dave Dunsmoor
mrfixit at min.midco.net