[BC] Audio levels

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Sat May 3 07:54:52 CDT 2008

> My take on this issue is that if we are talking "shop talk", broadcast
> engineer to broadcast engineer, there is no need to add all the extras to
> our abbreviations. We know pretty well what we're referring to.

Most likely true. Being accurate isn't usually bad though.

> In the case
> we are talking to people NOT in our immediate or closely related fields,
> then I could agree that we need to add the extra letter to our terms, just
> to be clear to all concerned.

Yeah, and I like to draw pictures to go along with my explanations of what's
being discussed as well. Some folks catch on right away, some just want the
"executive summary", and just want to know that it's right, or if not, what
is
to be done about it.

Dave Dunsmoor