[BC] Audio levels

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 00:00:54 CDT 2008

On 5/2/08, Peter <peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com> wrote:

> On May 2, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Cowboy wrote:
>
>  Being an acronym-challenged neophyte-in-training, may I ask what is SI ?
> >

> Three nations have not officially adopted the International System of
> Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and
> the United States.
>
> Interesting, huh?

My take on this issue is that if we are talking "shop talk", broadcast
engineer to broadcast engineer, there is no need to add all the extras to
our abbreviations. We know pretty well what we're referring to. In the case
we are talking to people NOT in our immediate or closely related fields,
then I could agree that we need to add the extra letter to our terms, just
to be clear to all concerned.

--
Jerry Mathis