[BC] All Sports Stations

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Sat May 3 07:50:53 CDT 2008

> No that you mention it Cowboy I've known maybe 10 - 15 other Broadcast
> Engineers and along with myself NONE of them had any interest in
> sports.  It must be a geek thing (yeah I'm one.  I even own pocket
> protectors!).  I'm sure that there must be some BE's out there who
> like sports but I'm still waiting to meet one.
>
> Ron D

Yeah, geek here too. However, the one sports event that I do enjoy is
NHRA top fuel and funny car racing. NOTHING tops that for "I
wonder how they do that"! How a 30-something girl manages to keep
control of 8000+ HP. How ANYone can.

Now that is a broadcasting event. For me, it would even work on radio,
but TV does it better just because there is lots to see in 5-10 seconds
if you watch closely.

Dave Dunsmoor