[BC] Zip for safety

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Fri May 2 14:35:57 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/2/08 12:50:39 PM Central Daylight Time,

 > >There is no reason that the station owner should take a technical test.
 >  >That's almost like saying that the FCC should require that I zip up my
 > pants.
 >
 >  You might want to rethink this analogy. There's a fashion trend that
 >  requires going "commando." No underwear. Walking unzipped will
 >  involve you with a number of government agencies. The FCC will be the
 >  least of your problems.
 >
 >  I'm told that, in some states, my own included, getting convicted of
 >  what I'd consider a minor offense can require you to register as a
 >  sex offender. This could have a major impact on where you can live
 >  and what routes you have to take to avoid schools. My little town is
 >  dominated by a very old prep school in addition to the regular town
 >  schools. There's nowhere you can go and be more than 500 ft. from a school.
 >
 >  Zip up for safety's sake.

Rich:

I had not considered those points before:-)

Guess I should also keep that in mind when mother nature calls wile I'm at
the transmitter site - no toilet facilities there except for the
nearest tree :-)

The sex offender thing is scary. I wonder if this consequence is truly what
the authors of that rule truly intended.

Even though I've just returned from lunch, thank you for that low-cal food
for thought
:-D

Jeff Glass, BSEE CSRE
Chief Engineer