[BC] Fallout from cuts

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Thu May 1 20:59:25 CDT 2008

I work for a "local" company.  The owner lives 10 minutes from the
corporate offices..and that office is in the same city as
ours.  Decisions on important matters don't need to go far....

Local/privately held companies have a very short ladder to the real
decision makers....that is when they make them. Even those like
Citidel and Emmis have a very short chain of command to reach the
real money people. And that's not always a bad thing because just as
poop rolls down hill, the smell wafts up no matter how high up they
might be....  They know real fast when something stinks.

That said, I applaud the guy who left WLS. While he was the ax man,
in the end admitted it was wrong and made it known he didn't agree
with the outcome by leaving on his own.  At one time I really
relished an opportunity to work there.  I'm not so sure
anymore...which is real sad considering the history of the station.

MM