[BC] Google . ES

Arthur F. Clemons n8blk at aol.com
Fri May 2 10:23:26 CDT 2008

>  I have to wonder if I've got a hack or bug or hijack... but it's happened
> on a couple of machines
> I'd never have expected it on...
>
>    Anybody else seen the same thing?

Are the machines in question running proxies or do they sometimes run
proxies with the actual IP address ending up some place where Espanol is
the expected language with that IP address?  Try using
http://whatismyip.com/ in the same browser when the problem crops up.

Two other possible solutions are first:  Some user set Spanish as the
default language, the other of course is that you do have a bot running
on your machine and when it communicates, it routes through some locale
where Spanish is the default language for Google.

If you are going to search for bots on the machine, some can be a real
pain to find.  Personally I hope someone is trying to run a proxy and
forgets to turn it off.