[BC] RCA BTA5L & and other numbers

Craig Healy craig.healy at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 19:18:50 CDT 2008

> You're  correct; what was I thinking ? I looked in my red hardback
catologue;
> the  BTA-5F used 892Rs. The BTA-5L must have been the next model that used
> 5762s

FWIW, the pre-WWII RCA DX-5 also used the 891R/892R tubes.  WPRO-630 in
Providence, RI had one.  I removed it from their building around 1975.
Still have few parts for it kicking around.  Big transmitter.  Took the
better part of a two car garage when I moved it out.  The tubes eventually
went to the 1480 station in upstate NY.  The other parts went here and
there, and eventually a fair amount got scrapped in the later 70's.  Nobody
was interested in any other parts.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI