[BC] Radio engineering not a profession - 50 kW Vs. 2 Watts

nakayle at gmail.com nakayle at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:32:04 CDT 2008

      I understand this, but you miss my point- if a ham is required
to pass a test in order to hold a station license- why isn't the
licensee of a broadcast station required to pass a test proving he is
knowledgeable in broadcast regulations and technology??   At least
when we had the First Class license somebody at the station had
passed such a test.  And they were concerned about following the
rules because they knew if their license was revoked it would be
their livelihood.  These days stations seem to have the attitude
they're break as many rules as they like and if they get caught then
they just pay a fine and consider it a business expense.

     - Nat Kayle

   Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM,