[BC] Court rejects RIAA's 'making available' piracy argument

Tom radiofreetom at gmail.com
Thu May 1 10:43:49 CDT 2008

Interesting; Like I said - My CD-R burner in my computer copies music to
CDs just fine - AS music CDs; I've generated music CDs from recorded
.wav files onto data CDs - and my two Sony multi-players are happy
playing them, as are my two portable CD players. So... while YMMV, as I
said - only a standalone CD Recorder actually NEEDS a "music" CD... usually

The drives I use are a Memorex (in my Gateway I use for production) and
the Lite-On - which is actually a DVD burner - which I use in THIS
machine, primarily to back up / archive files.... but I have burned .cda
music CDs with it.

Having said that - I have hit issues with CD-RWs not playing .cda
recordings in some players... but the same burner, with the disk copied
to a regular CD-R; the CD-R plays fine in the player that won't always
play CD-RWs