[BC] RCA BTA5L & and other numbers (MAKE CORRECTIONS TO LIST)HISTORY

WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Thu May 1 06:46:46 CDT 2008

I my fading memory works correctly, the "H" had 5762s.
The station that a friend of mine engineered had one.
Three cabinets with those wretched sliding doors.

By the time I was around that rig it had been modified so much that I
refered to it as a BTA-5WLH.
Using the initials of the guys who modified it.
The thyratron power control was gone, the 5762s swapped for 3CX2500s, and so
on.
It ran pretty darn good.

WB3AWJ
Robert A. Poff
Loganville, PA.

S/V Loon
1983 Hunter 34
Havre de Grace, MD

"Lieutenant, target the offending power boat and launch photon torpedoes"