[BC] WOAI 1200 San Antonio

Barry Mishkind barry
Sat Sep 30 11:44:01 CDT 2006

WOAI has two sites.

the old main site at Elemdorf is now an aux site.

the new site, out east near Seguin, is the main.  It was originally
built with a franklin, but was converted to a single radiator during
a process to solve some problems, which, in the end, apparently did
not involve the tower.

Dan Walthers was kind enough to spend some time with me just before
NAB and we shared some history and I got some nice pictures.

At 09:29 AM 9/30/2006, PeterH5322 wrote

> >When was the WOAI Antenna converted to a 195 Vert?
> >The last time I drove by that site, some 8 or 9 years ago there was an ATU
> >in the middle of a Very tall tower.
>
>Perhaps ten years ago.
>
>Current site:
>
><http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=29.5019&lon=-98.1286&s=25&size=m&u=2>
>
>Original site:
>
><http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-98.1192&lat=29.5014&s=25&size=m&u=2>

Barry Mishkind     -       Tucson, AZ    -   520-296-3797