[BC] franklin question

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Fri Sep 29 20:54:32 CDT 2006

Peter thanks for the information on the franklin especially how they are
fed--
for the interested, here is a link to scott fybush's website where he has
photos of the KFBK site...

http://www.fybush.com/sites/2005/site-051028.html

rob atkinson

From: PeterH5322 <peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] franklin question
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:28:11 -0700

 >I'm curious, what size conductor(s) are used for the open
 >wire line?

It's a conventional open line, traditional for those times, where RCA
would install "five wire" for 10 kW and under, and "six wire" for over 10
kW, except this has six exterior wires and two interior wires, making it
"eight wire".

The result is the same: simulation of a coax, using hard-drawn copper
interior conductors, and the same in a geometric pattern as exterior
conductors.

If I had to guess, it would be 8 AWG.

 >How far away from the tower is the open wire line?

Three feet, as an estimate.
Cable-Connectors-Blocks-Racks-Wire Management-Test Gear-Tools and More!