[BC] franklin question

PeterH5322 peterh5322
Fri Sep 29 14:28:26 CDT 2006

>I'm curious, what size conductor(s) are used for the open
>wire line?

It's a conventional open line, traditional for those times, where RCA
would install "five wire" for 10 kW and under, and "six wire" for over 10
kW, except this has six exterior wires and two interior wires, making it
"eight wire".

The result is the same: simulation of a coax, using hard-drawn copper
interior conductors, and the same in a geometric pattern as exterior
conductors.

If I had to guess, it would be 8 AWG.

>How far away from the tower is the open wire line?

Three feet, as an estimate.