[BC] Country Music plight in top towns

Bob Tarsio Bob
Thu Sep 28 10:50:49 CDT 2006

Grady:

Did you work for Frank Kramer at WMZQ? He was our DOE for Viacom
Broadcasting which bought the old Sonderling group which WMZQ was part of. I
was CE of the New York City station which was country when I got there in
1982. That lasted but two more years when it switched to Lite FM a runaway
success and continues to be 23 years later!

We had a lot of fun with the country format though. We did all the same
stuff that WMZQ did in those days. We had a lot of country artists in for
guest DJ spots. They were all pretty regular folks.

Ah, the good old days!

Bob Tarsio
President

Broadcast Devices, Inc.