[BC] Stealth antennas

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Tue Sep 26 07:00:28 CDT 2006

Test...is this thing working?

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Dave Dunsmoor
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 8:15 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Stealth antennas

> Give me a fat, 42 inch face tower any day. I will make that one sound
good
> without much trepidation....or give me a Franklin like 650....but I
don't
> think that is likely anymore.
>
> Gary Zocolo CE

I'm always surprised (at myself) when something old becomes "new" again.
I've known for a long while that radiators with a greater diameter have
greater bandwidth than ones with a small diameter. Now, the question I
should have asked, and answered to myself years ago is: why is
this?.....

If I knew the math behind this in the past I've forgotten it, but just
the
physics for now would do nicely.

Dave Dunsmoor