[BC] Stealth antennas

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit
Mon Sep 25 20:15:14 CDT 2006

> Give me a fat, 42 inch face tower any day. I will make that one sound good
> without much trepidation....or give me a Franklin like 650....but I don't
> think that is likely anymore.
>
> Gary Zocolo CE

I'm always surprised (at myself) when something old becomes "new" again.
I've known for a long while that radiators with a greater diameter have a
greater bandwidth than ones with a small diameter. Now, the question I
should have asked, and answered to myself years ago is: why is this?.....

If I knew the math behind this in the past I've forgotten it, but just the
physics for now would do nicely.

Dave Dunsmoor