[BC] Shively Vertical Antenna question

Richard Fry rfry
Mon Sep 25 09:53:11 CDT 2006

I had emailed Bob Surette about the original query before my first post on
this subject.  After I didn't hear from him for a while I went ahead and
posted by NEC plot and comments.

But below is a response I got from him this morning.

RF
____________________________

Good morning Dick

I am traveling all this week so I will not be able to log onto the BNet, so
please do my a favor and answer for me.

Most of our vertically only antennas (6510 and 6513) sold are designed to
have a small horizontal component.  So instead of adding a horizontal
radiator with a power divider to add the horizontal component, we simply
weld the arms of the dipoles at the appropriate angle.  If I remember
correctly the highest angle was 11 degrees and the lowest angle was just
under 1 degree.

I Hope this answer the question.  My cell phone number is (clipped) if you
would like to talk about this.

Thanks for the heads up

Bob

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:16:08 -0500, Richard Fry wrote