[BC] Collins 300-G pictures

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Fri Sep 22 08:53:36 CDT 2006

Yes, they are, they will ride in your trunk, or in the front seat of
your car. They don't weight over 50-75 lbs, so they are lite, you can
carry it yourself. The Armstrong box is just plug and play. The Antenna
connection is just a PL-259 and the audio in is XLR. You can have it on
in 30 minutes, but you may have to do some tuning at your ATU so you
won't have so much VSWR.
The Armstrong seems to be more forgiving on VSWR than the Nautel is.
Check it out at
www.armstrongtx.com

I'm using an Armstrong X-1000B as a main and I'm louder & cleaner than I
was with the Harris (Gates One), which to me, that box is an old 80's
model of the SX-1.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of WFIFeng at aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:41 AM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: [BC] Collins 300-G pictures

In a message dated 09/22/2006 09:35:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sbailey at nespower.com writes:

> Why do they still have a BC-1G?  That's dumb! They must be scare too
>  death of Solid State!  A little Armstrong X-1000B or Nautel J-1000
out
>  does that BC-1G!

Scott- those are the rack-mountable units, correct? I've been wanting
our
Company to in vest in two of them to be used as "portable" emergency
backup
transmitters for our 5 AM stations. (Two, because there are a number of
component
changes/coil taps for each half of the AM band. We have a station on
760, the
others between 1230 and 1590.) The idea being to toss one into the back
of a
car and zip it down to the station in need... in the event of a major
failure,
we'd be able to get back on the air in hours, at most, instead of days.

Willie...