[BC] Collins 300-G pictures

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Fri Sep 22 08:46:15 CDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of WFIFeng at aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:41 AM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: [BC] Collins 300-G pictures

In a message dated 09/22/2006 09:35:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sbailey at nespower.com writes:

> Why do they still have a BC-1G?  That's dumb! They must be scare too
>  death of Solid State!  A little Armstrong X-1000B or Nautel J-1000
out
>  does that BC-1G!

Scott- those are the rack-mountable units, correct? I've been wanting
our
Company to in vest in two of them to be used as "portable" emergency
backup
transmitters for our 5 AM stations. (Two, because there are a number of
component
changes/coil taps for each half of the AM band. We have a station on
760, the
others between 1230 and 1590.) The idea being to toss one into the back
of a
car and zip it down to the station in need... in the event of a major
failure,
we'd be able to get back on the air in hours, at most, instead of days.

Willie...