[BC] Shively Vertical Antenna question

Bill Croghan loteng
Thu Sep 21 12:56:05 CDT 2006

> Can anyone offer a reason why the Shively 6510 Vertical only
> polarity antennas are not straight up and down like a normal
>    vertical dipole antennas.

	Rough guess, relating to some dipoles,  pure vertical would be about
75 ohms impedance at the feed point, but with the V shape, (Much like an
Amateur radio inverted V antenna) the impedance would be closer to 50 Ohms.
The parallel rods in the mounting may be part of an impedance matching
network as well.
	Just a guess on my part, but I'd also be interested in the answer.

Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD/KWWN