[BC] Counterpoise Ground System

Bill Harms wharms
Wed Sep 20 16:49:14 CDT 2006

Good thought Nat.

	In the case of Spokane, the earliest stations were mounted on the
tops of downtown buildings and a high school building (KFIO on North
Central High School). KSBN is a legacy of that era, although by 1946
when the installation was built, other stations were located in
better sites. I am sure the case is similar in other cities.
Baltimore has a rooftop station also (WITH 1230).  When I took
pictures of that installation, I did not have access to the roof so I
do not know what the ground system is like, but I do know it does not
have an overhead counter-poise system like KSBN 1230.