[BC] Counterpoise Ground System

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Wed Sep 20 13:22:53 CDT 2006

I think that too, but the FCC doesn't look at it that way. They don't
want to get involved in city and county codes regulations, and leave it
up to the licensee to figure that out.

At the FCC, I guess they figured you have approached stupid, local,
councilmen, zoning officials, etc, before you even applied for a CP to
build the tower and station.

Being a federal agency, it's high time the FCC gets a few employees off
their butts and start dealing with this issue. Yea, not in my back yard,
but when it comes to being their in an emergency, they want us (AM's)
there, cell phones working, etc.  Ladies and Gentlemen, this shows us
how stupid the public is!

I think more research should be done to manufacture antennas that would
get us the coverage we need with out so much tower and land. Ted Hart
proposed the e-h antenna, and in the beginning, I thought wow, here is
the answer. He tested it in his hometown at a local AM at the high end
of the dial.  He had a 20db loss in signal. There is still an
application out there for KYET in Williams, AZ to install and use the
e-h antenna for daytime only use. It still has been granted because Norm
Miller, nor anybody else up there in DC understands how it works.

Scott