[BC] Counterpoise Ground System

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Tue Sep 19 15:02:52 CDT 2006

Bill,
   When they removed the wires, makes me wonder did they retune the
tower?  Ok, I see another problem here, their tower looks to be series
feed. I strongly discourage any new installation to be series feed, and
encourage old series feed towers to be converted to a unipole.
   If that station was mine, I'd be calling Ron Nott over there and put
a folded unipole on that tower. They would find that the folded unipole
will make up for some of the signal loss they are suffering from.
    If they went from series feed to a unipole, and just 6 wires,
counterpoise, I bet they get out much better than they ever had since
the antenna system was built!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Bill Harms
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:48 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Counterpoise Ground System

Scott:

	I have unconfirmed information that indicates that when they
razed
some neighboring buildings and had to take down some of the wires, it
radically changes the signal pattern. Assuming it is true, I don't
know if it was from a change in symmetry of the ground system or
because the ground field area was smaller.

Bill harms