[BC] Tape deck issue

Dennis Cope dcope
Mon Sep 18 19:51:37 CDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Glen Kippel
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 19:38
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Tape deck issue

It would be best not to use rubbing alcohol, as it is usually 30% water.
There may also be some lanolin, which you don't want on your head.  Or the
cassette machine's head, either.  <g>  Denatured alcohol is probably the
best compromise between efficacy and cost.  Xylene (e.g. Goof-Off) works
very well but it eats holes in plastic, so you have to be very careful when
using it.

Xylene will also dissolve laments in some tape heads..

I'll stick with my grain..  190 proof (The good stuff).  Available at most
Virginia ABC stores..

Dennis
WESR, WCTG